Monday, December 12, 2011

Tips on renewing Non-Canadian Outdoors Card

When you go to renew your non-resident Ontario Outdoors Card on-line, you are going to find a lot of pages of info to wade through first.
Here's some tips on short-cutting the process.
1. Click on this link or cut and paste the following URL address into your browser window:
Buy an Ontario Licence Online - Provincial Services Division, Ministry of Natural Resources - Government of Ontario, Ministry of Natural Resources
2. Go half way down the page and click on START YOUR LICENCE PURCHASE HERE
3. On the left side of the page click on Licence/Permit Purchase
4. At the bottom of the page click on Begin Licence Purchase
(If you don't have a recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader you will be prompted to download it)
5. Choose Non-Canadian Resident
Choose Yes to being an existing customer with an Outdoors Card Number
Type in your Outdoors Card Number and Date of Birth and Zip Code
6. Purchase the Outdoors Card for $9.63 and check out.
You then pay with a credit card and your new card is mailed to you. You can also print out a paper temporary card. That's a good idea. You don't know for sure how long it's going to take to get the mailed one.
Click to go back to our website
Click to see the latest on the blog

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan, I've already renewed mine. Piece of cake!!! Hope I get it before opening week though, because I didn't print out a temporary card. Dave M.

Dan B. said...

I think you should have it within two months; so, plenty of time before your trip. Maybe they will surprise us and do it right away. It should be automated so that as soon as you renewed it stamps out your card and prints out an envelope. But I would think it would be about the same process as renewing a driver's licence and that takes about six weeks before we get the new one in the mail.

Anonymous said...

I did mine today, easy as can be.

I'm thinking about taking a boating course also, $30 US on-line.
Ken L

Anonymous said...

I tried to renew my Outdoors Card online tonight. I got to a page to enter my card number, address, etc. I get an error message asking for my State. Funny thing is there is no spot to enter the state. Everything else is there but no spot for the state.

Dan B. said...

I noticed that you have to "experiment" a bit with abbreviations or you get an error message. For instance, Ln. gets an error message but Lane does not.

Unknown said...

So, although I did print out the temporary non-resident Outdoors Card - Fishing, I wasn't sure how long it would take to get my permanent one in the mail. @ months you say? Won't make it before the Canada trip this year. Just wanted to make sure that both the e-license and the outdoors card temporary printed copies will suffice!!!???